- Sahitya Bhawan | Pratiyotia Sahitya 17th edition of Prof. B.L. Fadias Indian Government and Politics is being placed in the hands of the readers. The book has been revised, updated and also, enlarged.
- It is a matter of satisfaction to the author that the 14th edition of the book has since long been exhausted thus testifying to its usefulness to the students and teachers of Political Science.
- While preparing this edition efforts have been made to make it more analytical, meaningful and uptodate, both for the teachers and students and also for those who intend to appear in various competitive examinations at All India or State levels.
- India is a particularly significant laboratory of political, economic and social development and change.
- It is a static society in progress, with a political system grounded in conservative traditions but nevertheless in a process of change.
- In the strictest sense of the term India has perhaps not yet evolved a real political system at all; but it has a well established framework of government and law which is a working reality, although to be sure it sometimes operates in peculiar ways and is often strangely affected by non-political forces and development.
- The revised volume of Sahitya Bhawas Indian Government and Politics presents a fairly comprehensive view of the evolving Indian political system at a critical period of its development.
- The volume seeks to analyse and probe the diverse aspects and problems of contemporary Indian politics in their proper historical setting.
- It discusses the constitution making process, Philosophy of the Constitution, Nature of the Indian State, Social structure and Democratic process.
- It evaluates the amendments to the Constitution uptodate and puts its focus on institutional structures and processes of the governmental system and analyses their working.
- The book surveys Centre-State relations and critically examines the recommendations of the Sarkaria Commission on Centre-State relations.
- Fadias book discusses the nature of the party system, regional political parties and investigates the problem of electoral reform and makes concrete suggestions.
- During the years that this work has grown from its earliest beginnings to its present form and content, we have greatly profited from our discussions with several scholars.
- Besides, we have drawn liberally from many authors whose names and works are mentioned in the foot notes at the appropriate places and also included in the bibliography.
1. The Historical Context : Nature of the British Colonial Rule in India
2. Struggle for India’s Freedom : Character of the Indian National Movement
3. Constitutional Developments of India
4. India on the Eve of Independence
5. Approaches to the Study of Indian Politics
6. The Constituent Assembly of India : Perceptions of the Indian Polity
7. Salient Features of the Indian Constitution
8. The Preamble : Approach to Liberty, Equality and Justice
9. Secularism : The Soul of the Constitution
10. The Fundamental Rights : Charter of Political and Civil Liberties
11. Directive Principles of State Policy : Manifesto of Aims and Objectives
12. Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State Policy : Possibility of Conflict
13. Fundamental Duties
14. Right to Property : From Fundamental to Legal Right
15. The Indian Constitution : Doctrine of Basic Structure
16. Constitutional Amendments : Socio-Political Implications
17. Nature of the Indian State
18. India : Social Structure and Democratic Process
CONSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK AND INSTITUTIONAL FUNCTIONING
19. The Indian Federal System : Structure and Processes
20. Centre-State Legislative Relations : An Overview
21. Centre-State Administrative Relations : An Overview
22. Centre-State Financial Relations : An Overview
23. Politics of Planning <BI>vis-a-vis <D>State Autonomy
24. Politics of Presidents Rule in the States
25. The Party System and Political Dynamics of Indian Federalism
26. Over-Centralization : A Plea for State Autonomy
27. Centre-State Relations : Areas of Conflict
28. Commissions on Centre-State Relations : Major Recommendations
29. The Indian Parliament : Role and Functioning
30. Working of Parliament
31. Office of the President : Election Method and Politics of Selection
32. Powers and Position of the President
33. The Prime Minister : Office and Powers
34. The Union Council of Ministers
35. The Supreme Court of India : Organization and Powers
36. Judiciary and Democratic Process : Context of Judicial Review in India
37. Judiciary and Democratic Process : Context of Judicial Activism in India
38. State Politics in India : A Framework
39. Evolution of States in India
40. The Office of the Governor : Mode of Selection and Removal
41. The Role of Governor in State Politics
42. The Chief Minister and the Council of Ministers in State Politics
43. The State Legislature
44. The High Courts
45. Panchayati Raj System in India
46. Nature of Administration : Its Role in the Development Process
PARTY SYSTEM AND ELECTIONS
47. Nature of the Indian Party System
48. The Party System in India : National Parties
49. The Party System in India : Role of Regional and State Parties
50. Pressure Groups in Indian Politics
51. The Election Commission : Organisation, Functions and Role
52. Electoral Reforms in India
53. Elections and Political Participation
54. 17th Lok Sabha Elections 2019
55. Social Movements in India
56. Strategy of Development in India
57. India : Problems of Underdevelopment : Poverty, Illiteracy and Environ- mental Degradation and Regional Imbalances
58. Defection Politics in India
59. India’s Experiment with Coalition Governments at the Federal Level
60. Crime and Politics : The Nexus
61. National Integration
62. Politics of Minorities in India
63. Communalism in Indian Politics
64. The Caste and Indian Politics
65. Language Politics in India
66. Regionalism in Indian Politics
67. Problem of Violence in India
68. Special Status of Jammu and Kashmir : Article 370 and its Abrogation
69. Women’s Political Participation in India : An Agenda for Empowerment
70. The Case for Presidential System
Sahitya Bhawan Indian Government and politics eBook by BL Fadia in english medium for IAS
You Save: 25%
For UPSC Civil Services Pre & Mains, MA Political Science, Public Ad