- Based on the NCERT Syllabus In Sahitya Bhawan’s Science, every effort has been made to give simple, interesting and joyful experiences to the young minds that will help them learn basic facts and rules about the world around them. Easy, yet meaningful activities provide ample opportunities to each child for active involvement in learning, sharing materials and ideas and in satisfying his/her wonders and curiosity.
- The series focuses on helping children understand the diversity in the environment and the wonders of life processes.
- This will enable them to develop a scientific attitude and, more importantly, a love for their environment.
- Salient Features The all-new edition of Sahitya Bhawan’s Science 1 to 8 conforms to the vision of the National Curriculum Framework.
- This edition is enriched not only with an updated text and new, lively and colourful illustrations but also with … In-text questions New activities HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) questions Teacher’s Manual with Answer Key A dictionary of scientific terms Science facts Beautiful photographs ‘Known-to-unknown’ approach has been followed in developing the concepts using the experimental method wherever possible.
- Relevant asides (not in the syllabus) have been included to enrich the children’s understanding of each topic.
- Important activities and scientific concepts relevant to the topic have been inserted to enhance the text.
- The main concepts and sub-concepts in each chapter are clearly listed.
- Exhaustive and varied exercises based on the Board Examination pattern to test knowledge, understanding and application of concepts learnt. The new HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) questions section will greatly enhance the development of independent thinking skills.
- The section on facts provides extra information about the topics in the chapter.
- The activity section motivates children to work on experiments and projects.
- Preschool, Kindergarten, Nursery LKG (KG 1), UKG (KG 2) and for children 3-8 year old series includes Hindi Alphabets (Varnmala Akshar and Vyanjan), Hindi 2/3/4 lettered Word (Shabd) formation, Hindi listening, writing and speaking (Swar), English Alphabets, Phonics, Number writing 1-20, Number writing 1-50, Number writing 1-100, Multiplication Table book, Pattern writing, Capital and Small letter, Drawing and colouring, Craft, Hindi Rhymes (Bal Geet), English Rhymes and Activity based Workbooks.
- Primary, Middle and Senior class 1 to 12 series includes Hindi Literature, Hindi Grammar, Mathematics, Mental Math, EVS, Science, Computer, Value Education, General Knowledge (GK), English Handwriting, Hindi Handwriting and Drawing.
- Based on NCERT for CBSE and state boards as per curriculum and exam paper pattern.
- Combo Pack and Gift set also available on discount.
- Watch video for features, benefits and advantages of the book.
Unit 1 : All About Me
1. The Living World
2. Our Body System
3. Safety and First-aid
Unit 2 : Flora and Fauna
4. Parts of a Plant and their Funcations
5. The Food Animals Eat
6. Insects and Birds
Unit 3 : Air, Water and Wealth
7. Air, Water and Weather
8. Precious Water
9. Weather and Seasons
Unit 4 : Our Environment
10. The Curse of Polluction
11. Rocks, Soil and Minerals
13. Light, Sound and Force
Unit 5 : Universe
14. Universe Travelling in Space
15. Our Earth
Formative Assessment Summative Assessment