- Sahitya Bhawan Lab Manual with theory, Viva-voce Questions and Laboratory instruction for class 9, 10, 11, 12 has been prepared in accordance with the NCERT, CBSE, UP Board and other state boards syllabus.
- Practical book provides a better understanding of various concepts in a lucid manner.
- The entire matter is prepared in a way that it provides complete understanding of each topic.
- Viva-voice questions and answers helps the students in having a better understanding of concepts.
- Viva Voce questions are followed with answers.
- After theory matter, blank pages are provided for writing experiments.
- Lab Manual series contains Science, Mathematics, Social Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Education
Experiment No. 1
Preparation of :
(i) a true solution of common salt, sugar and alum.
(ii) a suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water.
(iii) a colloidal solution of starch in water and egg albumin/milk in water and distinction between these on the basis of : transparency filtration criterionstability
Experiment No. 2
Preparation of :
(a) a mixture (b) a compoundusing iron filings and sulphur powder and distinction between these on the basis of :
(i) appearance, i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity
(ii) behaviour towards a magnet
(iii) behaviour towards carbon disulphide as a solvent
(iv) effect of heat.
Experiment No. 3
- Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride(or camphor).
Experiment No. 4
- Performing the following reactions and classifying them as physical or chemical changes :
(i) Iron with copper sulphate solution in water.
(ii) Burning of magnesium ribbon in air
(iii) Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid
(iv) Heating of copper sulphate crystals(v) Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in water.
Experiment No. 5
Preparation of stained temporary mounts of :
(i) onion peel and
(ii) human cheek cells & to record observations and draw their labelled diagrams.
Experiment No. 6
- Identification of parenchyma, collenchyma and sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth and cardiac muscle fibres and nerve cells in animals from prepared slides.
- Drawing of their labelled diagrams.
Experiment No. 7
- Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
Experiment No. 8
- To verify the laws of reflection of sound.
Experiment No. 9
- Determination of the density of a solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
Experiment No. 10
- Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in : (a) tap water(b) strongly salty water, with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different solids.
Experiment No. 11
- Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
Experiment No. 12
- Study of the characteristics of spirogyra/agaricus, moss/fern, pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant.
- Drawing and providing two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
Experiment No. 13
- Observing the given pictures/ charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird.
- For each organism, drawing of their picture and record : (a) one specific feature of its phylum.
- (b) one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
Experiment No. 14
- To verify the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
Experiment No. 15
- Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf and flower of monocot and dicot plants.